Friday, July 2, 2010

Thank You

Thank you everyone  for your kind comments about my post about my step-grandson's death this past week. Of course no one  is ever prepared for a random tragedy like this, but these situations have the ability to bring families together and to bring out the best in people.  I'm very proud of how my two twenty something year old children stepped up and became helpful and responsible in ways that had never been required of them before, from the big things like calling the coroner's office and LA Metro during the search to the small things like helping with the younger children while the parents and older aunts and uncles grieved.  All the drama will all be over next week after the memorial service, but I will always remember having seen an enduring transformation in my children.