Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scalp Massages



Healthy hair needs a healthy scalp. Yet, so many women have scalp issues ranging from dandruff, itchy scalp, and a variety of other problems. One of my favorite things to do for my scalp is a simple scalp massage. I always use an oil when I do my scalp massages because the scalp is skin too and it needs an occasional moisturizing session. You can choose to warm the oil a little bit and then proceed to massage the oil into your scalp, I work from the back to the front.

Performing scalp massages has a variety of benefits:

* Performing scalp massages can be extremely relaxing if you set aside adequate time to perform the massage

* Using an oil when performing your scalp massages can cut down or eliminate a dry flaky scalp

* Provides a release of tension that can help alevate stress (even if it's only for a few minutes)

* Increased circulation to the scalp which has been linked to increase hair growth