Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Hair Care Regimen

I'm so excited that summer is right around the corner. My pool opens this weekend and while the water is probably too cold to take a dip, I'll be there! I love the warmth of the sun on my SPF protected skin and once it gets warmer, I love the feel of water. Anyway, the summer can be the most brutal on my hair because I love to swim and usually I take a dip almost daily.

Usually during the summer I rely on co-washing and wearing buns. I step up my deep conditioning by doing an overnight deep conditioning treatment twice a week. But this summer, I plan on deep conditioning overnight three times a week and saturating my hair with oil overnight once to twice a week. Thankfully, since I'm a nurse in L&D I can wear a scrub cap while I work and it's totally acceptable and common. Since my entire head is covered no one will be the wiser as to what's actually going on under there. My Plan: apply a treatment (whether it's an oil treatment or a deep conditioning treatment), cover with a plastic cap, and then cover with my scrub cap!