Friday, October 1, 2010

Lifestyle Leak: Joe's Crab Shack


After watching all those "Eat at Joe's" commercials featuring delicious looking seafood buckets, me and my boyfriend took the 40 minute drive down to south Jersey to Eat at Joe's, Joe's Crab Shack that is. Then waited about 25 minutes before we were called to our table and this was on a weeknight, mind you. Yes, I guess you can tell that I'm one of those people who hate having to wait to be seat, but such is life.


To get things started we decided to share the Classic Sampler featuring Crab Dip, Great Balls of Fire and Crispy Calamari. Then for the main course I had Samuel Adams Steampot (Sweet Snow crab, 1 pound of clams, meaty lobster claws, sausage, fresh corn and potatoes all steamed in Samuel Adams lager) which the man had The Crab Daddy Feast (Snow crab, Dungeness crab
and King crab). The main courses both blew the appetitizers out of the water, but guess what? They ran out of nut crackers so we had to resort to using our hands (peep the bandaid on my finger in the photo, because I left with 3) to crack open crab. As for drinks, I had the Strawberry Comfort (Squeezed lemons mixed with sweet strawberry purée, SOUTHERN COMFORT, BACARDI limón Rum and Sprite), and it was super good - actually one of the best mixed drinks I've had in a long time. We will probably be back because the crab was very tasty and the lobster claws? AMAZING.
Plus, there was live entertainment! The song Ride the Train came on and the entire wait staff busted out in this dance, it was great!
Try it for yourself:
4901 Stelton Road
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
908-753-4204
or visit JoesCrabShack.com for a location near you